‘Waste to Wonder’ theme park
The waste to wonder’ theme park is newly added tourist spot in Delhi’s heart made from the waste scrape. It is situated at Rajiv Gandhi Smriti Van near Sarai Kale Khan Inter State Bus Terminal. The park show ases grand replicas of the Taj Mahal, Effil Tower, Statue of Liberty, Great Pyramid of Giza, Leaning KTower of Pisa, Christ the Redeemer and Rome’s Colosseum. The structures are built from 150 tonnes of scrap from the MCD’s scrap yards, which includes automobile parts and metal from rods, iron sheets, nuts and bolts. Since the clones are made from scrap metal, anti-rust enamel is being applied on them. To give out details of monuments, there will be stone plinths with every replica, providing information about both – original and duplicate of the wonder. It took 180 days to built by more than 100 artists, welders, and helpers.
- Statue Of Liberty 35 feet tall replica of the has been created using seven to eight tonnes of waste. While the pedestal has been created using old pipes, metal railings and angles, giving the look of bricks, circular rings on it have been created using car rims. In her left hand, Roman liberty goddess holds a tablet carved from a MCD bench and metal sheets and in the right hand, she holds a torch fabricated from old bike and its chain. Lastly, her hair has been made using cycle chains.
- Brazil’s Christ square pipes from benches have been put horizontally to make the pedestal, electric poles have been placed vertically to make lower part of the statute’s dress. Also, engine parts have been used to replicate the detailing in the hands and motorbike chains have been used to create hair.
- Paris’s Eiffel Tower 70 feet tall twin of wrought-iron lattice Eiffel Tower originally from Paris, France, has been created using 40 tonnes of automobile waste including petrol tanks from trucks, clutch plates, C channels (structural channel used in construction), and angles. All the three floors of the replica were created separately and then assembled with the help of a crane. The replica created by artist Sandip Pisalkar from Vadodara, does do justice to the original structure that was built in 1889 by Gustave Eiffel.
- Taj Mahal Replica of the Taj Mahal, symbol of love was created in five and a half months with the help of 24 labourers and 30 tonnes of waste. The beautiful metal structure has been crafted using 1600 cycle rings, electric pole pipes, old pans, park benches, swings, angles, truck springs and sheets. While domes have been created using 2” pipes (cut into pieces), truck sheets have been used to create intricate design and window and door frame has been made using benches.
- World’s Largest Amphitheatre Colosseum From Rome Comes To Delhi Massive stone amphitheater known as the Colosseum was commissioned around A.D. 70-72 by Emperor Vespasian of the Flavian dynasty as a gift to the Roman people. Taking inspiration from the same, SDMC commissioned 16’ 6” replica of the Colosseum in Delhi using seven tonnes of waste including electric poles, metal railings, bench, automobile spare parts and other scrap metal. Also, 410 car wheels have been used to make arches.
- Leaning Tower Of Pisa The tower of Pisa which got the prefix ‘leaning’ because it started tilting during its construction in the 12th century now has its clone in Delhi. 39 feet replica was built using 10.5 tonnes of waste at 60-80 degree angle. While 211 arches spread out in eight storeys have been fabricated from cycle rim, diamond designs in between the arches have been made from metal sheets and pipes have been used to give the look of pillars.
- Egypt’s Pyramid Of Giza The Great Pyramid of Giza which is the oldest of the seven wonders of the ancient world now has a look-alike in south-east Delhi. The 110 layer structure has been created using 10,800 feet scrap angles weighing 10-12 tonnes
On 4th March 2019 a latest museum has been inaugurated at Red Fort of Delhi. This is to pay homage to the unsung heroes of the freedom struggle.
The museum is double storied and has been divided into 22 zones. There is a tribute room with digital candles, more than 150 panels, panels of women and child martyrs, archival data, the Andaman Jail experience, four audio visuals, digital tribute-kiosks and touch screen kiosks.
In order to reach here there are 3 Metro Stations:
- Chandni Chow Metro Station
- Jama Maszid Metro Station
- Lal Qila Metro Station
Visitors to Delhi can book one-hour guided tours to the Supreme Court of India. Right now the tours are conducted every Saturday, as there are no court hearings on Saturday. This tour will start from the main lawns within the court area, where the statue of justice stands. Further, you will visit visit to the museum. and the tour will end after refreshment.
Places of Interest at Supreme Court Guided Tour:
- Judges’ Corridor
- Courtroom Number 1
- Judges’ Library
The area inside Supreme Court which was just opened for law students, lawyers, law interns, media persons and litigants. But now visitors may choose the date and time for a 60 minute visit to the Supreme Court in between 10:00am to 11:30am on all Saturdays except declared holidays.
Booking Link: https://guidedtour.sci.nic.in/redirect.drt
Helpline Number: 011-23385347
Delhi Darshan will guide you free of cost on various other destinations which you can explore yourself.
if you are arriving Delhi First Time and you are not traveling solo, then you must check delhi family tour package by bus. We suggest you to do Delhi Darshan Bus Tour, as other families will be accompaning you. In a day tour, you will visit 26 spots which will be a mere glimpse of entire city. We proudly introduce you to Delhi Metro Tour as well which you need to do yourself.
Delhi Family Tour Package Benefits:
- Pocket Friendly.
- Guide on Board.
- Fully air-conditioned coach.
- Family Friendly Happy Tour.
- Best Tour Itinerary.
- Keep your luggage in luggage compartment.
- No worries to find next bus.
- Totally Tension free.
It might be difficult for you to select first between a bus or car tour, then secondly in which bus or car! What a regular passenger do, they look for reviews which are generally paid ones, resulting not a genuine assistance to you in making a decision. So, here is the secret recipe for you to select the best Delhi tour packages for family.
- Compare Itinerary.
- Check website of the company thoroughly.
- Even though you should check that for past how many years they are into this industry by checking the creation date of their website by clicking http://whois.domaintools.com then mention the website url you want to book, compare three urls and surprisingly you will find us the oldest one 🙂
Delhi Darshan always do and recommend only online booking, as it saves hassle and time of everybody. From time to time passengers have requested us to bring more Delhi Family Tour Package. So, we are always updating our list of tours. But we suggest you to call us before booking any tour, in this way you will be able to select the right tour satisfying your specific needs resulting into Happy Delhi Family Tour Package.
Every year at Delhi there is a Garden Tourism Festival which is celebrated at Garden of Five Senses, located at Said-ul-Ajaib Village Saket.
This year you are going to witness 32nd edition of this festival, which is schedule to start from 15 February to 17 February from 11am to 8pm. This year the festival theme is Plants Lifeline For Everyone. Nearest Metro Station to the venue is Saket Metro Station at Yellow Line. To & Fro FREE Shuttle Service from Saket Metro Station to the Venue will run.
Delhi Garden Tourism Festival Highlights:
- Display & Gardening Competition of Seasonal Flowers, Bonsai, Cactus, Floral Animals, Floral Arrangements, Hanging Baskets, Theme Gardens and Cut Flowers.
- Workshops and Talks on Horticulture, Environment, Gardening and Health at Kalagram.
- Painting Competition for Children on 16th February at 12pm onward.
- Live Entertainment: Cultural and Folk performances
at Kalagram. You will enjoy the performances.
- Garden Bazaar: You will be able to shop from a wide rang of flowers, seeds, gardening equipment, organic fertilizers, plants, designer pots etc.
- Food Court.
We suggest that you must come and visit this festival especially with kids. There is lot to experience over here including new varieties of plants, the new method of potting.
Priceless Jewellery Collection of the Nizam of Hyderabad will be displayed at National Museum from 18 February 2019 till 5 May 2019.
At one time only 50 visitors will be allowed to stay inside not more than half an hour. Ticket will per person will cost Rs.50/- only
The jewels of the Nizam are National Treasure of India.
Mughal Garden at President House are going to open for public from 6 February till 10 March, from 9am to 4pm. The garden will be closed only on Monday. Visitor entry and exit will be through Gate number 35. The visitor will be able to visit Bonsai Garden, Spiritual Garden, Musical Garden and Herbal Garden.
You may do booking for entry walk-in or you may do booking online as well.
Delhi one day tour package is an ideal choice for tourist visiting Delhi and stay for a night as well. Delhi has so much to show and offer that one day is not enough though. But still it is pretty cool to book your Delhi Bus Tour and hotel in a package.
Delhi Tour in One Day:
In Delhi there is always something going on as per:
- live shows
- theatrical plays
What to do in Delhi?
Delhi potential to offer tourist is vast, you may visit here with lot of time. Since passengers are not aware of this so they prefer Delhi One Day Tour Package. And then they wish to see all of Delhi, which is next to impossible. When we at Delhi Darshan office receive calls regarding same requests. So, it becomes difficult to explain that Delhi is too big. Then suggesting them for a Delhi Metro Tour to visit their selected places in less money is what we do majorly. We love to inform passengers whats going in Delhi right now, so that they can explore it properly.
Tourist Make Mistakes:
Generally tourist start Delhi Sightseeing by 10:30am or 11am. But we strongly recommend to leave your hotel early in morning and visit at least one or two famous spots themselves, before joining the bus tour. You may go to shrines of Hindu, Sikh, Muslims, Christians, Jains, Buddhist and so on. Even though we have Fire Temple of Parsi. Since, people from all part of the country came and settle in this small city converting it to a huge fest. So all these people came with their religion turning this city into a single spot for so many religious shrines of all religions across India. In Delhi one day tour package you can only have a glimpse of Delhi and we proudly assist passengers to do their solo tours themselves.
Further, i would like to say Delhi is a lovely place and you should do some homework before travelling to your capital. This entire in-depth homework will make sure that you will gather more happy moments and selfies over here. And make sure if you buy something or anything than please collect it and take it with you. Happy Travelling to Delhi and delhi one day tour package will suits all those who have
On 23rd January 2019, a new digitised museum on Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose to open at Red Fort. This will be a 3 storeyed museum will have more than 100 panels depicting his life. These galleries will depict his life since his childhood days.
India Gate Entry from 14 January will be closed till 26 January. Traffic will bypass India Gate, but tourist or civilians will not be permitted to go near the premises.